SOME THINGS DON’T DESERVE AN ARCHIVE 🍒




 
I've been deleting things lately.

Old words. Old thoughts. Old versions of stories I no longer feel like keeping.

Not because they weren't true when I wrote them.

They were.

But something being part of your history doesn't automatically earn it a permanent exhibition.

Some things deserve an archive.

Some deserve a footnote.

And some, quite frankly, deserve Delete.

There is something wonderfully satisfying about deciding that a chapter no longer needs shelf space.

No ceremony.

No explanation.

In the dramatic rewriting of history.

It happened.

I wrote about it.

I lived through it.

And now I'd rather use the space for something better.

That might be one of the underrated pleasures of getting older.

You realize that closure doesn't always require one final conversation.

Sometimes closure is simply deciding:

I've given this enough fucking paragraphs.

Delete.

Empty trash.

Carry on.

And somewhere in the process, you discover something rather lovely.

The story was never the person who occupied so many pages.

The story was the woman writing them.

She's still here.

The rest is editing.

🍒

PS Some deletions are less about housekeeping and more about taste.


#FcktoseIntolerant #LessBullshit #BetterBoundaries #UnapologeticallyMe #CantoDaCereja






Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Out of Curiosity...

THIS IS WHAT 60 LOOKS LIKE 🍒

FORGIVE AND FORGET? HOW FRIGHTFULLY CONVENIENT. 🍒